Our Top Five Welsh Gifts for Babies & Toddlers - Welsh Speaking & Learning
These are our top five gifts for littler Welsh learners or speakers. Each makes speaking or singing the Welsh language both fun and educational.
All have been tested on the youngest member of our team - our daughter! She is 20 months old and chief toy tester here at welshgiftshop.com.
1. Draigi, the welsh singing dragon, is by far her favourite and she particularly likes 'Ar hyd y nos.' She'll press the button and have a gentle sing and dance.
2. The abacus is also great as not only is it a great learning toy for her, but it looks really attractive! I love wooden toys (so much better for the environment than plastic) and I'm proud to have this on display at home.
3. Cwtsh (or cwtch) is her favourite book. She always asks for 'Bobo' and goes through all his emotions as he seeks out a cwtch from his mam. It's a lovely book with beautiful illustrations.
4. These colouring pencils are great for learning her colours. She can't read yet (as only 20 months old) but likes to colour in. I'm speaking both Welsh and English with her and having the colours written on each colour is helpful for us both.
5. Jac y Do CD has all our favourite Welsh children's songs (38 in total!) Sion corn is her favourite, even in the height of summer!